Roast rabbit is a traditional main course that was usually made for feast days. The preparation of roast rabbit is similar to a spin-roasted pork, therefore it is stuffed with its own livers and fennel before being roasted.
- 1 big whole rabbit
- 1 sausage
- 1 wild fennel twig
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 glass white wine
- Rinse rabbit and let soak in water all over the night.
- Drain and gut, but do not throw rabbit guts away.
- In the meantime finely chop garlic, rosemary and fennel and add salt and pepper to your taste; flavor rabbit inside with the seasoning you have just prepared with cut rabbit livers (which you have previously scalded in salted water) and a peeled sausage divided in small pieces.
- Sew chicken by toothpicks or by needle and thread and sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried fennel. Place in a baking pan with olive oil.
- Roast for about two hours at 180°C, pouring on cooking oil and white wine from time to time.
- This dish can perfectly go with roasted potatoes, which can be baked in the same baking pan so that they are flavored by cooking sauce.