Are you looking for a simple dessert that everyone will love? Here it is: rice fritters. This traditional Tuscan dessert cannot be missing to finish your lunch or dinner on 19th March, i.e. Father’s day.
- 300 grs rice
- 1 glass water
- 100 grs flour
- 20 grs butter
- 1 grated lemon peel
- 1/2 l milk
- 3 eggs
- 200 grs sugar
- 1 shot glass rum
- oil for frying
- Boil milk with water, sugar, a pinch of salt, grated lemon peel and butter.
- Pour in rice and cook over a low flame for twenty minutes, until liquid is completely absorbed.
- Let cool down.
- Add eggs and rum and start blending, adding flour little by little.
- Deep fry batter, making small balls with two spoons.
- When fritters will be well browned outside, take off the frying pan and let drain on a blotting paper.
- Roll each fritter in sugar and serve still warm.