If you love onions, this recipe of peasant cuisine is definitely for you. Onion omelet can be served either as a main course or as a side dish or used to complement other dishes and can be eaten both hot and cold.
- 800 grs onions
- 4 eggs
- extra virgin olive oil
- Clean and thinly cut onions.
- Cook in a frying pan with oil, salt and pepper over a low flame until lightly browned, without burning them.
- Take off the flame and let cool down.
- Crack eggs in a bowl, whisk with a fork until frothy, adding salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add carefully onions to eggs.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan of the right size.
- As it starts frying, turn down the flame and pour in your mixture of eggs and onions.
- When eggs curdle, flip omelet over a plate and let cook on the other side.
- Cut into slices and serve warm.