Grilled eggplants in oil are one of the easiest preserved vegetables to make and this recipe allows having exquisite eggplants available throughout the winter. They are ideal to be served as a starter or as a side dish for cold dishes and develop a richer flavor becoming tastier and tastier as they are left resting in jars.
- 1.5 kg round eggplants
- 4 cloves of garlic
- dried thyme
- 3 tbsps salted capers
- olive oil
- Rinse and cut eggplants into 1 cm slices, sprinkle with salt and let flavor for one hour.
- Gently squeeze and dry, grill on both sides after brushing with oil.
- Grease garlic, grill and cut every clove into four parts.
- Place eggplants in hot sterilized jars, alternating eggplants with garlic, chopped capers and thyme.
- Heat up olive oil but don’t let it get to boiling point. Be careful in pouring oil into jars, completely cover eggplants and hermetically seal.
- Let pass at least a month before eating this product.