Green celery is not only eaten as a raw vegetable because it is delicious even with tomato sauce or stir-fried. In Valdichiana celery is often diced, boiled and then stir fried with cheese and grated breadcrumbs.
- 4 celeries
- 4 tbsps tomato sauce
- 4 tbsps Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 fistfuls grated breadcrumbs
- Cut celeries into 6-7 cm wide pieces and boil in salted water for 20 minutes.
- Lightly brown garlic in a frying pan and add tomato sauce. Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove garlic from the frying pan and add drained celeries, cooking for other 15 minutes over a low flame.
- Add grated breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, turn off the heat and serve after letting rest for at least 5 minutes.