Wild boar stew
Wild boar stew is a savory and tasty winter recipe characterised by an intense and distinctive flavor. It is a classic way of cooking wild boar meat and this recipe is quite easy to make, however preparation and cooking take a very long time.
- 1 kg wild boar meat
- 250 grs black pitted olives
- 4 carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- bay leaves
- olive oil
- 300 grs peeled tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 3 celery sticks
- juniper berries
- 1 glass red wine
- Accurately rinse wild boar, cut into pieces and soak in water and vinegar with all the herbs (parsley, 1 onion, garlic, 1 carrot, 1 celery stick, bay leaves, juniper berries, sage, rosemary) for at least 12 hours, paying attention that meat is completely covered.
- Finely chop 1 onion, 3 carrots, 1 rosemary twig and 2 celery sticks.
- Once wild boar is well drained, place over a high flame to make it lose its liquid.
- Drain and add oil and the chopped mixture you have already prepared.
- As it simmers till golden brown, add chili, juniper berries, capers and black olives.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- When meat is well browned, pour in red wine and let cook over a high flame until it is completely evaporated.
- Then add tomatoes, a glass of water and let cook for two hours, turning down the heat.
- Serve with polenta or boiled potatoes.