Sweet grape bread is a typical Tuscan bread obtained by using yeast-based bread dough mixed with fresh grapes. It is easy to make and is really tasty, perfect to be eaten throughout the day.
- 800 grs black grapes
- 130 grs sugar
- 400 grs bread dough
- olive oil
- Grease a rectangular baking pan with olive oil.
- Knead dough with 50 grs sugar and 3 tbsps oil.
- Split dough in half after patiently kneading it.
- Rinse and dry grapes, picking them from stalks.
- Lay half of dough in the baking pan, trying to cover the whole surface.
- Spread half of grapes over it with 40grs sugar.
- Prepare a second sheet of dough and place it over the other trying to make the two parts stick.
- Spread the other half of grapes with 40 grs sugar.
- Lightly push grapes inside dough, sprinkle with olive oil and bake in a hot oven at 180°C for about half an hour.