At the end of August you can easily find blackberries on the hills and in the countryside around Cortona. This jam is perfect for those loving jams on cakes or for breakfast. Blackberry jam, which is rich in beneficial properties, is really simple to make as only a few ingredients are required.
- 1 kg blackberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 500 grs sugar
- Thoroughly rinse ripe blackberries, take off stems and boil in little water.
- Let cook over a high flame for ten minutes, let cool down a little and puree with a vegetable mill to take off seeds.
- Pour puree in a saucepan, add lemon juice and sugar.
- Boil over a low flame for 60-70 minutes stirring well and often.
- If necessary, skim off any foam rising to surface.
- When the jam is sufficiently thick, turn off the flame and let rest for ten minutes.
- In the meantime wash in hot water the glass jars that will contain your jam.
- Stuff nearly completely leaving only 1-2 cm air. Clean jar edges if necessary and seal hermetically.
- Keep jars upside down and let cool down in this position.
- Store in a cool dark place.