One of the most famous recipes made with guts is certainly tripe that in Tuscany is cooked in many different ways. Tripe has a simple but distinctive flavor and has been used as an ingredient since old times because this dish is easy to make: some chopped vegetables cooked in a saucepan to which tripe is added to finish cooking and develop a richer flavor.
- 800 grs beef tripe
- 1 celery stick
- 1 onion
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 carrot
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut rinsed and boiled tripe into long and thin strips.
- Peel and cut an onion.
- Rinse carrots, parsley and celery stripping filaments from sticks and put in a mixer.
- Brown finely chopped vegetables in hot oil in a frying pan over a low flame for ten minutes, then add tripe and let cook for five minutes.
- Pour in a glass white wine, salt and pepper to your taste and let evaporate.
- Add diced tomatoes and one or two dippers hot water, cover the pan and let cook for at least one hour.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve very hot.