Cortona Tourist Guide
Piazza della Repubblica
Would you like to discover the historical, artistic and natural wonders of Cortona and its wonderful territory, accompanied by a qualified tourist guide?
Would you like to stroll around the ancient alleys, full of history and charm, visiting the most characteristic places and discovering hidden and unusual corners?
With Cortona Tourist Guide by Laura Gremoli, you can:
- Visit the city and its surroundings with a tourist guide born in Cortona, who loves its history, art and rich gastronomy and knows all aspects and secrets of this ancient and renowned Tuscan town.
- Admire the amazing Etruscan Sodo altar, it’s majestic staircase decorated with fight scenes between a soldier and a wild beast and know all the mysteries of this ancient civilization by visiting the MAEC – Museum of the Etruscan city of Cortona.
- Fall in love with the most beautiful masterpieces of Italian art history made by great artists such as Frà Angelico, Luca Signorelli, Pietro da Cortona and Gino Severini.
- Visit the places where the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun” was filmed and visit the famous Villa Bramasole owned by writer Frances Meyes.
- Contemplate the beauty of the Franciscan Hermitage of Le Celle, a place full of deep spirituality , religiosity and mysticism.
- Discover the artisans workshops, the antique and vintage shops, the wineries that produce the famous Cortona Syrah wine, eat at the best restaurants offering the traditional Tuscan dishes and visit the trendiest shops and fashion outlets.
- Follow the ancient Roman roads up to the Cortona mountains, enjoy walking along the original paths, discovering art, history and nature. Discover the ancient trail of the Mills, the Path of Etruscan Princes and the Reclamation path of the Chiana Valley.
And if you want to visit the surroundings areas, there are many cities and ancient villages that are definitely worth at least one visit! Arezzo, Lucignano, Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, the area of Lake Trasimeno. Laura knows all of these places so well, that you would be in good hands letting Laura arrange a trip for you.
If you are a school or a family with children looking for an interesting and pleasant place to spend a day learning something new and having fun, Cortona Tourist Guide can arrange guided tours to discover the museums, churches and monuments of Cortona and its territory for families, children and students of all levels, combining them with educational workshops of art, archeology and history.
If you would like to learn Italian by taking either individual or group lessons, Laura has many years of teaching the Italian language to foreigners at all levels.
For further information regarding the guided tours in Cortona and its surroundings, personalized itineraries, Italian Language courses etc , please visit our web-site: www.cortonatouristguide.com
Direct information request
Cortona Tourist Guide