Ingredients for 4 people:
- ½ kg beef minced meat
- 100 grs minced mortadella
- 2 eggs
- 2 fistfuls breadcrumbs dipped in milk and squeezed
- 2 tbsps grated Parmesan cheese
- 500 grs peeled tomatoes
- 1 glass red wine
- 1 finely chopped parsley twig
- extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
Mix beef minced meat with minced mortadella, eggs, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl. Form into a loaf, pour flour on the whole surface, then brown in a saucepan with warm olive oil over a high flame.
Turn meatloaf round to brown the whole surface, then add wine, salt and pepper to your taste and let cook covered for about half an hour turning down the flame. Once cooked, wait for meatloaf to cool down before cutting into 1 cm wide slices. Pour its cooking liquid on slices and serve still hot.