In the past people used to eat pork livers by necessity because they did not have the opportunity to choose what to eat and nothing could be thrown away, so after butchering an animal every part of it was eaten. Today pork livers are considered a delicacy by organ meat lovers. This recipe is easy to make and will be appreciated by those loving distinctive flavors.
- 500 grs pork livers
- 250 grs pork fat
- olive oil
- pork caul fat
- bay leaves
- Cut pork liver into pieces and scald in boiling water for 3 minutes to strengthen its sides and make meat more succulent inside at the end of cooking.
- Drain pieces and season in a bowl with fennel, salt and pepper.
- Then wrap every piece of liver in pork caul, which has been previously rinsed with water and vinegar.
- Use skewers or bay tree twigs to form a spit alternating every liver with a bay leaf.
- Dice pork fat and let cook for a few minutes in a frying pan with salt, pepper and dried fennel. Place livers on a baking pan, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and baste with diced pork fat.
- Put in the oven and cook for one hour at 180°C, brushing with fat from time to time.
- Now livers will be ready, but we recommend you to open one of them to check if they need to be cooked more time.