The tasty recipe of char-grilled potatoes and onions has an old tradition in the peasant cuisine of Valdichiana. You just need a burning fireplace or stove during cold winter days to have this vegetable dish ready in a few minutes.
- 4 potatoes of about 200 grs
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium-sized onions
- Thoroughly rinse potatoes and peel onions cutting off the first dried layers.
- Wrap every single potato and onion in silver foil and place in your fireplace. Prepare a thin layer of cinder, then cover everything with charcoal fire.
- After 35-40 minutes check the cooking point by piercing them with a toothpick; when you manage to reach the center, they are perfectly cooked.
- Divide potatoes in two equal parts cut on the longer side and season (onions too) with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.